Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crafting Weekend

This weekend was full of crafting for my sister, Vanessa, and me. We did a lot of stuff over the course of the weekend and spent most of our time laughing over stupid things that we said...needless to say, we laughed a lot.

My main project over the weekend was my clay masks. These aren't very big. They are probably about 1 1/2 inches wide and are going to be made into either necklaces or bracelets...or both.

This is my Cyberpunk mask...that wasn't my intention but I like it.

This my favorite mask by far. I made a huge mess with this. My laptop was painted gold and I didn't noticed until Vanessa pointed it out.

My first mask...it's very tribal. This one is for Vanessa.

It needs another coat of bronze paint. Maybe a little sanding...and a better picture.


This mask is a much larger mask. It would be able to fit on a person's face if I didn't mess it up when baking it. I plan on making more (hopefully better).




All of the masks are made from polymer clay. I painted over it with acrylic paint and I have yet to coat it in resin. I actually have a lot of things I need to coat in resin. Something to do tomorrow.

I also made a few non-clay/mask items. I actually made a something for Vanessa's scrapbooking layout. These little stick pins...it's part of my Crafting Clean Out.


4 comments:

  1. Those masks are a great idea!

    I love the stick pins. That was pretty funny when you were making them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean when I kept gluing myself together and to other things?

      You need to use that piggy.

      Delete
  2. I've never made clay masks before (or clay anything for that matter). These look like fun :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using clay it can be a pain in the butt, sometimes, but it makes me happy. Thank you.

      Delete