Saturday, February 2, 2013

New Sketchbook and the First Pages

I just got a new sketch/watercolor book and I love it. Since there isn't a specific front cover, I decided to make is one especially for my left-handedness. So here is what I have so far...




Here is the cover page and a detail shot.  It's nothing special, just a cover, a starting page. I used mostly warm colors. There is a bit of purple in there because I wasn't paying attention to the color I picked but I like it anyway.

The first page. I added some writing to it after I took this picture. This isn't my best sketch but I like it. Actually, the shadowing doesn't look half bad on this shot. I might have to go back and look later. No detail shot for this one, I'm afraid. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it better but it might just have to stay this way.

Sorry, about my workspace shot. It's a bit messy but my brother, sister and I were having a bit of an art day. And look, my Koi watercolors. They are my favorite brand. I have two of those field sketch boxes (one for home and one for travel).




I just finished this a few minute ago (at around 11pm). I had a lot of fun with this one. Anyway, this is the second page of my sketch book. I'm still getting used to the kind of paper this book has but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I hope you enjoyed this little preview. I usually post pictures of my sketches on Instagram but I might make a "set" on flickr just for my sketches. I haven't decided.

-Tracey




No comments:

Post a Comment