Saturday, February 9, 2013

Crafting Clean Out - Jewelry Supplies (Part 1)

My steampunk creations.
Over the last couple years, I've collected a lot of beads, clasps, charms, etc. I mean, a lot if stuff. So, I'm making it a goal to try to get rid of everything since I only use some of it, not all of it. I use findings all of the time but how often do I use beads? Not very.

Some of the things, I'll be giving away. If I have a lot of the same stuff, I'll be making kits to sell/give to others.

I already started this yesterday when I made a few steampunk pieces for the 100 Themes Challenge. But I'll be sure to try to use some of it every day until everything is gone.

I managed to make a few things today. Nothing really special or anything I can wear but I'm getting through things slowly.

 This project of mine is going to take me weeks. Possibly months. But, since my sister, Vanessa, and I craft everyday, this shouldn't be a huge issue...I hope.I think the thing I'll have the most trouble with would be not having enough chain or the right kind of chain to go with what I want to make. I guess I could just gather everything and see where it goes.

There are a few items that I'm altering. Like the gray hearts (pictured below). I'm painting them black before I paint designs on them. It should be fun. I have a few wood beads that I want to paint as well but I want them to be bright and colorful...I've been really attracted to the color yellow lately. I'm not sure why.

Well, since I'm rambling, I'll just stop writing and let you have a look at what I've been working on tonight.
 



Some earrings


Some more earrings


That heart is actually gray. I made this for my sister.


This is a gift to my niece, Kearstin. She asked me to make this for her when we went Black Friday Shopping.


I have a bunch of these and I have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions?
 I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

~Tracey

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the informative post. You filled the blog with valuable information. Nice blogging style. I was impressed a lot. Here i got one more site which contains more information about gold making tools. The site may help you guys
    jewelry supplies

    ReplyDelete