Monday, September 10, 2012

Ice Cream I Can Eat


I read a post on A Beautiful Mess (A blog by Elsie + Emma) about non-dairy ice cream (Link to post). Being lactose intolerant and an ice cream lover, I decided to give it a try. It was fantastic.

So, I tried the chocolate kind. It was good but my sister thought it was too sweet. If you have a sweet issue I would suggest to lessen the brown sugar amount or get rid of it all together.

What you need:
 2-3 bananas
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
2 table spoons of brown sugar (adjust accordingly to your preference)
1/4 cup of water

A blender will be needed as well.

Steps:
  1. Chop up bananas and freeze over night. Depending on how cold your freezer is it may take more or less time. 
  2. Once bananas are frozen, take out of freezer and set aside. Add water, cocoa powder, and brown sugar to blender.
  3. Add frozen bananas to blender.
  4. Blend until creamy

I have a really  small blender so I had to put in the frozen banana pieces in a few at a time. Even then it got too thick for my blender to handle...when I saw small blender I mean very small. This recipe works better if you have a regular sized blender.

When you are finished, your ice cream should look and have the texture of soft served ice cream. It's rather delicious. Thanks to the girls on A Beautiful Mess. For those who don't know about this blog, go check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment