Monday, April 6, 2015

Cheap Antique Bronze Elephant Statue

This project is about as easy as they come. I'm only posting it because it's the perfect way to introduce the new projects that I'll have coming up. Hopefully soon, I'll be moving into my own place and in order to decorate it, I'm going to have to make a lot of the stuff myself. So, my blog will be filled with DIY for the home and such from here on out. I will have some of the kids' crafts as well but most of my things will be things for the home.

I found this elephant at target for under $5. I've seen plenty of over priced ceramic elephant statues and a real antique bronze elephant statue was out of the question, especially with my budget. Finding this was perfect. I think I'm going to get the bear statue and paint it as well.


This is the finished project. I just painted it bronze with my DecoArt Elegant Finish Metallic paint that I bought at JoAnn's (and the same paint I used for my bowls). I love the finish of this paint. It's smooth and not tacky at all which is good because it gets pretty humid here.

Overall, this project cost me less than $5 since I've had this paint for a long time. Any kind of paint will work. I just used what I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment