The girls and I made Pink Popcorn for our craft last week. I don't normally do a lot of food crafts with them but for Valentine's day, we tend to do a lot of food. It turned out great and even their parents loved it.
Making it is simple. Super simple. We used three things to make this.
- Wilton Chocolate Melts (Pink colored)
- Pop the popcorn and then lay it on a baking sheet or pour in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate (we used a bag for two bags of popcorn)
- Pour chocolate on the popcorn and mix around lightly.
- When the popcorn is coated put it on wax paper (this makes the clean up easy). You could also put the wax paper on the baking sheet to make it a little easier.
- (Optional) Decorate with sprinkles
- Let the chocolate harden
The steps are simple but I thought I would tell you that when it hardens, they stick together. If you don't want them to turn into a giant block, spread them out a bit.
Also, this is how we made it. There are probably several ways to make this so experiment and try something different if you want. You can color this any kind of color so it's a versatile treat.