Monday, August 20, 2012

Chalkboard Project

So, on Pinterest, I saw a ton of postings on how to make chalkboard paint so I figured...why the hell not? I bought this table a few years ago at target. I use it for a crafting...or piling things up because I'm too lazy to put it away. This is what it looked like:

It's just a simple cheap table that is in serious need of cleaning or repainting. One of the legs is loose too but I'll have to figure out how to fix that later.

Anyway, I mixed up some chalkboard paint (1 cup of acrylic paint + 2tbs of unsanded white grout) and turned it into this.


A closer look. Sorry about the awful lighting. My room only gets enough light during certain parts of the day. Unfortunately, it isn't the time.


This project cost me under $10.
  • Unsanded White Grout from Lowes - $4
  • A bottle of acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby - $2
  • Sponge Brushes from Hobby Lobby - $1.50
  • Chalk from Walmart - $0.47 

No comments:

Post a Comment